Recipe of the Month
Malabar Style Dates Pickle Recipe
- 250 grams Medjool Dates , pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon LAXMI Garlic and Ginger paste*
- 4 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida spice*
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves*
- Salt , to taste
How to make Malabar Style Dates Pickle Recipe
- To begin making the Malabar Style Dates Pickle Recipe, remove the seeds from the dates, roughly chop them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add the mustard seeds, allow to splutter and then add hing, curry leaves and let the curry leaves splutter.
- Add the ginger, garlic pastes and green chilli. Saute till the raw smell goes away. Add the turmeric, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the chopped dates, and cook until the dates become soft. Season this with salt, sugar and saute for another minute or till the seasoning merges with the recipe.
- Add the vinegar and simmer until the pickles comes together and then switch off the heat.
- Serve the Malabar Style Dates Pickle Recipe along with parathas, Indian flatbread, for breakfast or with vegetable biryani for a weekday lunch.
*LAXMI ginger and garlic paste can be found in our store.
*Asafoetida, or Hing spice can be found in our store.
*Dean’s is working on sourcing curry leaves. Thank you for your patience!