http://mediterranean-imports.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/newlogoheader.jpg 0 0 katezaidan http://mediterranean-imports.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/newlogoheader.jpg katezaidan2019-09-28 22:58:252019-09-28 22:58:25Chicken Tagine with Olives and Preserved Lemons
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads, pulverized*
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger*
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika*
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin*
- ½ teaspoon turmeric*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper*
- 1 chicken, cut in 8 to 10 pieces
- 2 tablespoons Saifan extra virgin olive oil*
- 3 medium onions, sliced thin
- 1 cinnamon stick*
- 8 calamata olives, pitted and halved*
- 8 cracked green olives, pitted and halved*
- 1 large or 3 small preserved lemons*
- 1 cup chicken stock*
- Juice of 1/2 lemon*
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Mix garlic, saffron, ginger, paprika, cumin and turmeric together. If not using kosher chicken, add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pepper to taste. Rub chicken with mixture, cover, refrigerate and marinate 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add chicken, and brown on all sides. Remove to platter. Add onions to skillet, and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to tagine, if you are using one, or leave in skillet. Add cinnamon stick.
- Put chicken on onions. Scatter with olives. Quarter the lemons, remove pulp and cut skin in strips. Scatter over chicken. Mix stock and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Cover tagine or skillet. Place over low heat, and cook about 30 minutes, until chicken is done. Scatter parsley on top, and serve with couscous!
*Get all these ingredients in our store!